Call for Proposals is OPEN!
2016 Virginia Assessment Group Conference: Beyond Buzzwords: Showcasing Practices that Improve the Quality of Teaching, Learning, & Assessment.
November 16-18, 2016 Crowne Plaza, Richmond VA
In our ongoing efforts to facilitate sharing of essential, effective, and pragmatic practices in assessment, we encourage you to submit a proposal in one of the following three categories:
- (a) Concurrent Sessions (60 minutes split among 2-3 presenters)
- (b) Poster (60 minutes; usually 1-2 presenters)
- (c) Pecha Kucha (a presentation where you discuss 20 or so images, for 20 seconds each as they advance automatically; session includes 30 minutes for discussion).
We are particularly interested in proposals that connect with this year’s theme: Beyond Buzzwords: Showcasing Practices that Improve the Quality of Teaching, Learning, & Assessment. Proposals that showcase practices or initiatives that demonstrate how assessment can foster the improvement of teaching and learning and/or faculty development would be ideal. The deadline for proposal submission is September 19, 2016; however, early submissions are encouraged, as notification of acceptance will be made on a rolling basis within three-four weeks of a proposal’s submission.
Submitting a Proposal
Proposals are accepted through an online form and must include (word limits in parentheses):
- Session title (20 words)
- Session outcomes (50 words, no more than 3 key outcomes beginning with “Participants will”)
- Proposal abstract (500 words)
- Session description for the program (100 words)
- Statement of intended audience/audience level (50 words)
- Plan for participant engagement (150 words, not required for poster or Pecha Kucha proposals)
- Brief biography for each presenter (150 words)
You can submit your proposal through our website (http://virginiaassessment.org)
Proposed Conference Schedule
Wednesday November 16, 2016
- Evening – Joint Reception and poster session
Thursday November 17, 2016
- Morning-noon – Opening plenary & concurrent sessions
- Noon – Lunch and business meeting for all conference attendees
- Afternoon-evening – Concurrent sessions
Friday November 18, 2016
- Morning-noon – Pecha Kucha sessions
- Noon – Closing plenary
Download a printable document: 2016 Virginia Assessment Group Call for Proposals.